Senior Captain

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Emergency4
    Danish Red Cross
    Fire fighting

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:03 PM

Hey, 

Does anybody know how Emergency 4 and Windows 10 comes along?

I don't want to upgrade unless it works :)

Follow CPH Airport mod on Facebook

Find all my downloads on my homepage copenhagen-mod.dk/

#2 Matias Tadeo Rossi

Matias Tadeo Rossi

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Give us our Islas Malvinas! (Falklands)

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:58 PM

Hey, 

Does anybody know how Emergency 4 and Windows 10 comes along?

I don't want to upgrade unless it works :)

I think that question cant be answered for now  :(

#3 Chris07

Chris07

Senior Captain

• 292 posts
  • Interests:Medicine & Computer Science...what a combo!

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:27 PM

I can answer that question. Give me about 20 minutes while I put Windows 10 in a virtual machine and see if EM4 runs, lol.

#4 Pottyscotty

Pottyscotty

Battalion Chief

• 950 posts
  • Location:Kent, England, UK, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
  • Interests:Fire Service Command Structure

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:34 PM

I can't see why it would not work but I would want this confirmed also.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.

-Benjamin Franklin

#5 Chris07

Chris07

Senior Captain

• 292 posts
  • Interests:Medicine & Computer Science...what a combo!

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:37 PM

Running in a virtual machine on the Windows 10 Preview I can say the following:

- It does install without issue

- It does launch

- Base game freeplay does load and is playable

- Editor launches

- No CTD

Conclusion: It does work.

#6 gunswat

gunswat

Assistant Chief

• Members
  • 2,213 posts
  • Interests:Computer and console gaming,watching youtube and playing and testing emergency 4 mods mainly.

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

Yup it's worked right from the private betas to the public beta...and hopefully the full release will work aswell.

#7 MikeyPI

MikeyPI

Heil kitler

• 667,284 posts
  • Interests:Drinking booze, guns, and cars, when combined it can be really entertaining=)

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

It should work perfectly fine, it likely will require running as an administrator however.  Win10 isnt as far removed from windows 8.1 as they'd like you to believe, and ultimately windows 8.1 can run EM4 with relatively little pain on most configurations.. The same annoyances such as UAC still persist on 8/10 as they did on vista/7 along with requiring DX installation of an older version.. But with those issues resolved it runs fine, assuming you're upgrading you should not encounter the DX issue, that should only be present on an fresh install of 10 just as it would on any vista+ OS.

Just remember, if the game isnt trying to run on win10, run it as an admin (should not require compatibility settings, just admin).

Lazy Moderator - Will warn when agro >)
FLM.jpg
2z69r10.jpg
Executive Director, EMP Internment Camps

#8 Bernt

Bernt

Battalion Chief

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

All mods EM4 crasht around 5 minutes, doocclusion=0

Signature removed by Stan - Signature not respecting privacy of other members!

#9 Corsair

Corsair

Battalion Chief

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Police Cars, Lights

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:03 AM

I suggest not to get it( may be to late) Its gives you the black bars on the side and I have to run it at the lowest resolution to make it fit and so that I can see. I am thinking about going back to windows 7 and 8.1

Miami_mod_Banner.jpg                       

Thanks to Max Starmer, Jamnj88, Mindcat, Aether, itchboy, and losangelesi for helping me make my own private mod!

#10 Bernt

Bernt

Battalion Chief

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:48 PM

You must shutdown AMD Gaming Envolved

Signature removed by Stan - Signature not respecting privacy of other members!

#11 Corsair

Corsair

Battalion Chief

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Police Cars, Lights

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:02 AM

How do I do that?

Miami_mod_Banner.jpg                       

Thanks to Max Starmer, Jamnj88, Mindcat, Aether, itchboy, and losangelesi for helping me make my own private mod!

#12 Anderson Lencine

Anderson Lencine

Firefighter

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

Hello friends!
Forgive me not master English, but would like to share with you.​

I could solve the problem of non-functioning of the Emergency 4 with Windows 10. I looked at the heart of Intel's downloads updates of chipsets. I informed my setup and downloaded the drive compatible with the previous version "Driver Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator for Windows * 7". I could just keep Windows 10 yet!

Here is my dialogue with Microsoft, if they want the translation: http://answers.micro...f4-c14cf94668b4

I hope I can help them! hugs

#13 keepachris

keepachris

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:19 PM

Hi, i played Emergency 4 on my laptop for about 2 years upgraded to Windows 10 and it just crashes to destop from the black loading screen. i've updated my AMD drivers still crashes tried running it as Administrator and compalibility all the way from xp (SP2) to Windows 8 still same outcome. please help :/ 

#14 MikeyPI

MikeyPI

Heil kitler

• 667,284 posts
  • Interests:Drinking booze, guns, and cars, when combined it can be really entertaining=)

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:06 AM

In recent days I had compatibility issues with an older game that I really wanted to play.  So I searched around for a util to emulate the state the game required and found one that did the job for me on 8.1.  Most games work with 8.1 but there are some that are just too old, given win10's fairly new age I suspect many drivers arent "fixed" yet so it'll be much the same problem as any new OS has for a while.  For the time being though, this app might help you run the game in spite of the issues you've got.

https://www.williamf.../DXGL#Downloads

Install and run that app, then when you load it up add em4.exe to the program list, once that is done set it to stretch it to your screen and touch nothing else about it unless you're prepared to have to tweak quite a bit to fix it.  Once that is setup and you've added em4 to the list of programs for it to run, simply run em4 as you would normally and your screen should "flash" once or twice, then load up into the game normally.  Going forth the game is stored in the list of games to execute for so you don't have to manually load the app it's self from that point on. 

I cannot say how this app performs on low-end machines, but it did the job for me that I needed it to do. Fair warning though: if you screw it up and it gets stuck in a boot loop (trying to load the game and flashing endlessly) just ctrl+alt+del and switch users, it'll shut down the app.

Don't know if it'll help with em4, if not you can shop around for an app that does the same thing, I've encountered several in the past that did the same thing.

Lazy Moderator - Will warn when agro >)
FLM.jpg
2z69r10.jpg
Executive Director, EMP Internment Camps

#15 Greg_Oganesov

Greg_Oganesov

Firefighter

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:09 PM

its works for me i use windows 10 pro