Zum Inhalt wechseln


Foto

Lego Creation: LAPD Cruiser


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sigmeister

sigmeister

    Lieutenant

  • Members
  • 62 Beiträge:
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles

Geschrieben 16 Juli 2009 - 04:46

I don’t know if there are any Lego fans out there, but during my spare time I enjoy making vehicles out of Lego. My creation is an LAPD cruiser. This vehicle is my own creation, but I tried to build it so that it would look like a Crown Victoria. (It’s pretty hard to do b/c the Crown Vic is a very shapely, curvy car.) The placement of lights was inspired by actual LAPD vehicles. I tried my best to create this vehicle with the limited Lego pieces that I have. I hope you enjoy it.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Photo by Mike Peters (I hope you don’t mind me posting your fantastic photos in my post; if you want me to remove them, I’ll do so immediately.)

Posted Image

Posted Image
I am aware that the A-pillar is the wrong color. Unfortunately, I do not have those specific bricks in white. There is room for 4 mini figs in the cruiser.

Posted Image
Photo by Mike Peters

Posted Image
I tried to make the Crown Vic's unique back end.

Posted Image
Photo by Mike Peters. Notice the unique V lights.

Posted Image
Inspiration

Posted Image
Slicktop variant.

Posted Image
Back end with the unique amber and blue lights on the driver's side, characteristic of LAPD slicktops.

#2 theocd

theocd

    Senior Captain

  • Members
  • 373 Beiträge:
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Normally somewhere in England
  • Interests:Gaming and Guns

Geschrieben 16 Juli 2009 - 10:28

Looks fine to me. Whoooo! Go LEGO!.

The OC-D

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons" - Douglas MacArthur


#3 martjuh.denB

martjuh.denB

    Senior Captain

  • Members
  • 329 Beiträge:
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Den Bosch/NL/EU

Geschrieben 16 Juli 2009 - 10:31

pretty good car
i usually make dutch fire trucks of lego for airport accidents
just a big truck with big tires and watersupply on the front and in the back a medical part
greet
Martjuh.denb
Official DAF/Volvo Truck moddeller
Geposte afbeelding
Den Bosch mod Pictures: db-mod.hyves.nl

#4 randomperson139

randomperson139

    Forum Ninja

  • Sub-Moderator
  • 5.404 Beiträge:
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Hiding in the shadows...

Geschrieben 16 Juli 2009 - 10:36

LOL....good attempt. it looks a bit like a crown victoria :12:
Owner of 295 Warning Points
Executive Director: Forum Child Watch

Think a lot. Say little. Write nothing.
-J.P. Morgan

#5 Hoppah

Hoppah

    Boss cat

  • Administrators
  • 3.879 Beiträge:
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Special Needs Department

Geschrieben 19 Juli 2009 - 12:43

Looks pretty good. Impressive. :12:
When I was young, I used to make huge Medieval castles including walls, stables, prisons, secret places. :1046275767_ugly:
I also once made an AWESOME Roman galleon. :12:

For Lego fans, this is quite interesting/cool: http://www.thebricktestament.com/

#6 Ami89E1234

Ami89E1234

    STLMod Creator

  • Members
  • 18 Beiträge:
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St. Louis, Missouri USA
  • Interests:Emergency, Modding, Girls, Video Game Creation/Playing, Baseball, Badminton, Skyrim, Girls, Band, Minecraft. Did I mention girls?

Geschrieben 19 Juli 2009 - 05:44

hmmm dammit i need to get thousands more organized, color-coded lego pieces cause my couple hundred arent enough to make cool stuff. once saw at some place at Christmas they made like a replica of downtown STL with legos. was awesome. cant believe they actually managed to make The Arch with Legos.

I also have LEGO Digital Designer, which is a cool 3D program where you can make your own sets and send them to LEGO, where they might make the set (complete with instructions) and send it to you :)

Facepalm - Apply directly to the forehead. If it isn't a Boeing, you shouldn't be going.
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If you don't try again you will be hit in the face with a shovel."

32361.png

12066.jpg

26430.png


#7 Guest_matt31896_*

Guest_matt31896_*
  • Guests

Geschrieben 10 August 2009 - 09:57

Your LEGO LAPD STWs look good! I'm making a Mobile Hospital from the 911 FR LA MOD(Hoppah you rock!). On LEGO.com they have a LEGO ditigal designer you can download somewhere on the site.

#8 Guest_Taylor_*

Guest_Taylor_*
  • Guests

Geschrieben 10 August 2009 - 10:16

Looks nice.. I still play with legos.. a little while back I made a USS San Antonio (Google it)

#9 Guest_matt31896_*

Guest_matt31896_*
  • Guests

Geschrieben 14 August 2009 - 04:31

Almost done.......................................................... then my 6 year old bro. smashed it(15 bricks left to place and back to square one).

#10 Grim_Wizard

Grim_Wizard

    Battalion Chief

  • Members
  • 636 Beiträge:
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tidewater Virginia
  • Interests:The one and only spooky firefighter

Geschrieben 14 August 2009 - 04:52

Man I have maybe 50,000 or more lego bricks and I can't do jack diddley with them. I'm that bad jk. I once though built an awesome missiole silo, the missles ran on a track from the bottom and came out the top, there were 6 buildings all multi story and it was really cool.
I thought what I'd do was pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

#11 Guest_Deputy2497_*

Guest_Deputy2497_*
  • Guests

Geschrieben 28 Oktober 2009 - 05:17

You have some imagination..