Jump to content


Photo

Packing prototypes


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sawdbuster

Sawdbuster

    Senior Captain

  • Members
  • 334 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:Firefighting stuff, outdoors, and movies.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

How do I pack prototypes like model changes in the editor, lights, childs etc?

#2 randomperson139

randomperson139

    Forum Ninja

  • Sub-Moderator
  • 5,404 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Hiding in the shadows...

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Model changes, light changes, adding childs etc. are all saved automatically when you click OK. You don't need to do anything extra to save your changes.
Owner of 295 Warning Points
Executive Director: Forum Child Watch

Think a lot. Say little. Write nothing.
-J.P. Morgan

#3 Sawdbuster

Sawdbuster

    Senior Captain

  • Members
  • 334 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:Firefighting stuff, outdoors, and movies.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

I know that, but they only saved to me; I gave one of my friends in real life (yes I've some), a submod I made using boston skins from the download center, but that was the only thing that saved. None of my lights, wheels, model changing in the editor, none of that stuff saved. So if I put a file up to use on the download center you guys would actually get the mod in full.

#4 randomperson139

randomperson139

    Forum Ninja

  • Sub-Moderator
  • 5,404 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Hiding in the shadows...

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

As far as I know you can't.
If you want to give someone else the mod, upload the whole mod including your changes to somewhere like rapidshare or 4shared and give your friend the link. Then delete the file after he has it. That way only he has the link anyway.
Owner of 295 Warning Points
Executive Director: Forum Child Watch

Think a lot. Say little. Write nothing.
-J.P. Morgan

#5 Marshall8946

Marshall8946

    Battalion Chief

  • Members
  • 663 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United States, Ohio
  • Interests:911FR: Advanced lighting and skinning, small script work. Check out my about me on my page to know more. Anyone who needs help on anything is more than welcome to PM me!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

The lights and childs all fall under the prototypes. So the reason he didnt get the lights, is because he must not have gotten the prototypes for that model.

Posted Image

*Real women love cops, the rest marry firefighters*


#6 Sawdbuster

Sawdbuster

    Senior Captain

  • Members
  • 334 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:Firefighting stuff, outdoors, and movies.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

How do I make prototypes? EP4 files?